Not many people ‘on the outside’ are aware of the inner workings of a recruitment process outsourcing firm. There are many aspects that are considered ‘behind the scenes’ work, but are essential to placing a candidate. This is particularly important in sectors such as healthcare, where multiple preliminary checks need to be carried out before a candidate is even considered for placement.
At QXRS we require all new team members to complete our rigorous recruitment training academy course before connecting with any clients or candidates. The academy provides training to our employees to improve their effectiveness and deliver greater results to our clients.
The training academy consists of 3 levels of certification, with each level focusing on different core activities. Our academy training is conducted by Sunil Mistry, who has a Six Sigma green belt accreditation. The following is an example of the Level 1 training provided to team members working in our UK healthcare recruitment teams:
Level 1 (30 hours)
1. UK geography and culture
- We provide new employees with knowledge of the UK so they are better equipped when conversing with candidates. Basic UK culture is also explained as there may be confusion when slang or cultural references are used.
2. Communication etiquettes
- Presenting a professional image while making clients and candidates feel appreciated and well informed.
3. Introduction to the NHS and the healthcare industry
- Hierarchy and framework of the healthcare system within the UK
- Relation with staffing companies
4. Healthcare recruitment industry lifecycle
- Understanding of the recruitment lifecycle for healthcare industry. Identifying needs of external staffing companies.
5. Job posting and vacancy type
- Methods of jobs posting and how it reaches its target audiences
- Types of vacancies (substantive, contract, locum, ad hoc, emergency)
- Coping and understanding of the released vacancy life cycle from NHS and its impact on the provider
6. NHS employment check compliance
- Understanding compliance framework
- Data security
7. Clinical placements
- Healthcare including doctors, general practitioners, nurses, AHP, support staff
- Training on multitasking and how to cope with continuing volume requirements
8. On call support
- Self-reliant and working with minimal management governance
- Ongoing situation handling for bookings and compliance (eg, cancellations, client and candidate queries)
You can find out more about our services by clicking here however, this article focuses on how we empower and prepare our team to make sure you get top notch results. Make sure to stay tuned next week as we will be discussing the requirements for level 2 training.
If you believe we can assist in your resourcing activities please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential and no commitment discussion or give us a call on +44 845 838 2462.